AUTUMN GATHERING GUIDE
WHAT TO BRING
- Blanket/shawl for sitting on the ground.
- Yoga mat you feel comfortable placing on the ground.
- Lunch food for Friday & Saturday (you will have access to shared kitchens)
- Snacks for in between meals
- Journal & Camera
- Musical instruments, drums especially.
- Clothes for all kinds of weather. We're on the coast in Wales so please remember a warm coat & sturdy shoes.
- Hat, gloves, woolly socks, blanket - staying warm in the evenings means you'll be able to enjoy the festivities.
- Swimming costume if you fancy a dip in the sea or some time in the sauna.
- Hot Water Bottle & Flask
- Headlamp/Flashlight, no candles please
- Sleeping bag or duvet, blankets & pillows if you have booked a PLATFORM TENT or DOME
- A little cash as there will be a small market place.
Where to Go ...
CARMARTHEN is the nearest train station, travel time from London is 4.5 hours then it's a 45 minute taxi ride to the site. PLEASE use the travel form below if you wish to be put on the lift share list. Last year every woman was able to arrive with another sister who were driving.
- BREAKFAST : We will be serving hot porridge in the mornings and you will have the option to make this sweet or savoury with a variety of toppings, compotes or eggs and greens. There will also be toast & jam. (the oats will be gluten free)
- LUNCH : Please bring your own lunch food, all accommodation types have access to their own kitchen and this gives you the flexibility to eat lunch where ever you like..maybe even down on the beach.
- DINNER : We will gather together for a 2 course evening meal, something like a hearty stew followed by a delicious dessert and you are welcome to bring wine at mealtimes (being mindful of others)
- SNACKS : Please bring your own snacks for between meal times. We will create a community Tea Temple so we can all enjoy this heart tonic throughout the weekend.
We will prepare a plant based diet for the weekend, thee food will be nut free and where possible gluten free too. If you have any specific allergies please let us know. With a group of this size it can sometimes be difficult to accommodate everyones tastes we will do our very best to make the food nourishing, nutritious and nurturing.
When we come together there is a powerful energy created, we start to slow down, to relax and to open and sometimes this can bring feelings to the surface. At the gathering we will be providing a beautiful relaxation space for anyone who would simply like to be quiet and rest, to have a cocoon to contemplate and to revive yourself in. You'll be able to sip herbal tea, dab on essential oils, wrap yourself in soft blankets, take a nap or read your favourite book in this dedicated sacred space. And maybe after a stroll you can warm your muscles in the cedar barrel sauna, this little luxury is tucked away amongst the trees and the perfect way to unwind.
YOGA & DANCE
Each morning we will be offering yoga & dance workshops, the sessions are complimentary & optional but in this gorgeous setting it will be hard to resist dancing barefoot on the dewy grass or stretching as you fill your lungs with fresh air. There is no need to sign up for these classes, simply wake up & tune into what your body needs - even if that means staying in bed.
We would kindly request that you do what you can to make as little impact on our surroundings as possible, so be mindful of what you bring, less packaging, natural & organic products and a reusable water bottle.
When we gather in the beautiful candle lit barn for our first meal together on Thursday evening, you will be welcomed with more information about the weekend and you'll be able to ask questions. If you have a burning question before then please let me know but as we get closer to the gathering (and as I am a one woman team) I would gratefully ask that you are patient and know that all is coming my love, all is coming.
And finally I want to say a huge heart felt THANK YOU, I'm overwhelmed with gratitude for every woman who has granted herself this special time. There is no way to articulate the magic that we'll create when we meet in the beautiful hills of Wales, just come with an open heart, open mind and the intention to expand your capacity for joy and surprises.
I love you & I'll meet you in the wild.